background

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Start, A Finish and OH MY!!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments on my stitching.  I think I finally figured out the email notification/reply thing it only took me what 1-1/2 years?

We are now having slightly below average temperatures.  I had frost on my windshield this morning!  Now, I know those of you that live north of the optimal climatic zone as was once written of New Hampshire in a turn of the 20th century travel guide will not necessarily find that unusual, BUT it's very strange here. I don't mind changing seasons but I really would like it to decide which season it wants to be and stick with it.

Stitching wise, here's what I worked on this week:

You saw the kit for this one, here is the roof minus beads:

It's stitched on 14-count violet Aida.  There will be silvery beads in the spaces in the middle of the "X".  I wasn't able to start the house itself as I have to stitch this in hand and my hands can only deal with that for short periods of time.

Yes, you read correctly, I also had a finish!!


Marsh Marigolds on Logan's Creek is now hanging on the "wall of finishes" in the den.  I can not get the fabric color to photograph correctly it is actually a very pale green - almost the color of young celery. 

Last and certainly not least, I got this in the mail today:


Isn't it beautiful?  Jo at Serendipitous Stitching stitched this for me.  The flower is backstitched and then she colored in the background.  I have loved all the others I saw on her blog, but not as much as this one! Daisies and pansies are my favorite flower and it got here just in time for my birthday. which I wasn't going to say anything about but since I just had to show off the card, the secret is out.  My birthday is Sunday - I'll be slightly younger than the dinosaurs.

Debbie Mumm's Summerhill House has gone onto the scroll rods.  I took next week off from work I declared a birthday week and what better way to celebrate? so I am really hoping to make some progress on it.  I do have a few things around the house that I'd like to get done, but pretty much it's a do whatever I want to do week. And part of what I want is to start Chatelaine's Deep Blue Sea but I will wait until Friday to do that.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches, great finish, and what a sweet card!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you liked the card xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Your HD is gorgeous!

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday, Susan. That's a gorgeous card Jo has made.

What a stunning finish! Congratulations :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Giovanna said...

Many happy returns! Jo's gift is lovely, and so is your finish - congrats!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D and a lovely gift!

Joysze said...

SUSAN!!!! Marsh Marigolds looks AMAZING!!! You HAVE to send me a pic of it on your wall of finishes. :D

Awww, beautiful card from Jo, and I can't wait to see the house all put up. :D