background

Saturday, February 2, 2013

YOTA and an Ornament Start

The first Saturday of February means it's time for a YOTA post.  If you're interested in joining this WIP SAL, all the details are here.  I am happy to report that I killed two WIPs, Summer into Autumn and Pine Tree Inn, since my last post.  You can see both finishes under the Finishes tab above.  I also had some progress on Ink Circles' 99.  Here is my before:


and the after 9 down, 90 to go:

Ink Circles' 99
Stitched on 32-count Golden Walnut with DMC
I stitched on several other pieces also, photos and project information are under the January WIPocalypse tab above.

My February ornament is Oranges and Lemons by The Nutmeg Company.  It's another of their gingerbread houses there are four in all.  Here's my start:

The Nutmeg Company's Oranges and Lemons
Stitched on 14-count yellow Aida with DMC
Chatelaine's Serengeti is on the frame for this week.  I'm only a year behind on this one.  Part 12 was posted yesterday and I am only about half through part 1.  For the first time in 8 or 9 years, I won't be part of an active Chatelaine project.  It is going to be very strange to not receive that monthly notice that a new part has been posted...

5 comments:

Giovanna said...

Always nice to see your 99 - it's coming along beautifully. Congrats on the pretty finishes, and that's a very cute project you've just started.

Siobhán said...

Your 99 is coming along nicely! Great job on the finishes, and the new start is very pretty!

Preeti said...

99 looks lovely! Very pretty:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

99 looks great I know quite a few people working on that!

Pull the other thread said...

Wow great progress. Congrats on your finishes. I love that ornament it looks so cute.