background

Saturday, July 6, 2013

YOTA Saturday and a finish

It is the first Saturday of July already!  I finally picked a focus piece for this year and have been steadily stitching on 99 by Ink Circles for the past month.

Here's where I was the beginning of June:





And here's how it looks today:

I stitch about a row and a half each month, I am taking a couple of weeks off the end of this month, so maybe I can up that count for July.

So that none of us becomes terribly bored with looking at bottles, I am still stitching on smalls on alternate Fridays and have another finish.

This is Heart in Hand Needleart's Wee Garden Gate:

The bird is charted to be white, but I don't have any white birds around my house and I like crows so a crow it is.  Since there is a finish, I also have a new start.

This is a freebie called Strawberry Delight Ornament by Tink Boord-Dill Needlework.  It's copyrighted 1999 but I'm not sure I have had it in my stash for that long.  It is stitched on 32-count Lambswool with DMC.

Strawberry Delight Ornament by Tink Boord-Dill Needlework

 The Smyrna crosses are charted as Algerian eyelets but I didn't feel like pulling this fabric as it is rather stiff.





 

13 comments:

Jan said...

Wow! Everything looks great. I love the little gate. We don't have any white birds either. The crow is perfect.

Catherine said...

Great bottle progress and sweet smalls!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

So Susan, I have to ask .. are you a beer drinker? lol - 99 bottles is looking good, I recognize a Heineken in there:)

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching !! 99 bottles look great!!:)

Pull the other thread said...

Love your work on your YOTA piece this month. All your othet stitching also looks great.

Peggy Lee said...

Your needle is smoking on those bottles!
Great start on the ornament. Go ahead and make it your own.

Dani - tkdchick said...

99 is coming along beautifully!!!!!

Lovely little finish.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the nice finish, and nice going on 99!

SoCal Debbie said...

Wow! "99" looks great! Someone in our SAL said if we stitch 1 bottle a day it would be done in 3 months. LOL

Unknown said...

I have just purchased 99 bottles. I have wanted it for so long - seeing your WIPS has prompted the purchase. LOVE IT....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do like seeing your bottle collection growing but it's nice to see the other designs too.

The crow button is cute too.

Anne said...

The beer collection is growing!! It's looking great! Love your other WIP's too!

Shebafudge said...

Fantastic progress! Well done :)