background

Sunday, April 13, 2014

End of Vacation

I had a very relaxing week off from work, but back to the grind tomorrow - oh to have been born rich instead of beautiful!!  On the plus side, the boss is out next week so it should be quiet and I can catch up on everything - yes that is wishful thinking.

The warmer weather has really greened things up.  The dandelions and violets are blooming all over the yard, the dogwood are blooming in the woods and our cherry tree should be flowering by the end of this week.  I'm sure that in the next couple of weeks I'll be pulling the mower out and spending a good part of Sunday walking around the yard behind it.

Fortunately, the grass held off growing until after my vacation, so I could spend my time off reading, stitching, and watching all those shows I DVRed.  On the stitching front, I had one finish, one start and some progress on another project.

My finish was With Thy Needle and Thread's, Three Tulips (Thanks Mom and Dad for the wonderful Christmas gift):

Stitched on Weeks' Dye Works 30-count Parchment with Weeks Dye Works fibers. 
My start was Lizzie*Kate's Holly and Hearts (Thanks to The Hubs for the wonderful anniversary present):

Stitched on an unknown 28-count Silkweaver's evenweave with Weeks Dye Works fibers (I hope to get a better photo soon)
and my progress was on Little House Needleworks' All is Calm:

Stitched on 30-count Natural Northern Cross linen with DMC
Just Nan's Strawberry Summer is on the frame for this week.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Three Tulips is just beautiful! Love it!
This is definitely on my list of "must stitch"!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like a great holiday.

Your stitching is looking good too, nice to have one of each; finish, WIP and start.

Chris said...

Sounds like you had a perfect vacation! Congratulations on tour finish. The new starts are lovely too.
My boss is off too next week! Hoping for a quiet cam week too!

Blu said...

Congrats on a lovely finish! Your WIP and new start both look lovely.