background

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Not Much Stitching

Stitching has been a bust the last week or so.  Time just seems to be zipping past me.  I can't tell you exactly what it is I'm doing, but it's taking all day to get it done.

The one piece I did work on was The Sweetheart Tree's To Have and To Hold Bridal Sampler.  I am happy with the change to purple/lilac threads.  I am a bit concerned with the beads, but have a while before I get to those.

The colors are a little off and there isn't a fold in the middle - very strange what shows up on the camera.


The silver cord just above the Scotch stitches is not enjoyable to work with, but the little bit of sparkle is nice.

They started the office repair/renovations today, so my last day in the office was yesterday.  I fly out to St. Louis for a week on Monday and then start two weeks of vacation when I get back on Friday.  Right now, I should be back in the office on August 8th, but there are so many offices being done in the building that I think they are running behind schedule, so it may be a little later. 

This week is the third weekend of the month so it's http://joysze.blogspot.com/2016/07/ihsw-july-2016.html.  Click on Hermie there and it should take you to the sign up page.  It's supposed to be a scorcher here so a good weekend to sit inside and stitch.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice progress on your Sweetheart Tree piece! Have a safe trip, Susan!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the Sweetheart Tree design, it's sooooo pretty!

I shall be hermitting with Elizabeth Shephard this weekend, we may even have a little dance by Sunday!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and delicate. I have never done anything like this, but it looks so beautiful, I think I must try. Thank you for sharing

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress, I bet this is a ton of fun to work on! I hope you will be able to identify what is eating up all your time.

Heather said...

Lovely progress :)