background

Monday, November 20, 2017

November IHSW Check-in

Hermitting and stitching happened this weekend and because of that progress - lots and lots of progress!!

This is going to be short and sweet as I'd like to get another hour or two into the backstitching.

Friday A Glimpse of Santa was here:


and here's the toe area:

I could not find the called for light bulb buttons so I stitched them in DMC's satin floss - just enough shimmer to look like glass.

I had to roll the stocking back up so I could get to the backstitching so here's that portion:


A bit more on the little girl, the little boy and his teddy and that chair/stool and all the stitching will be done.  I found some 4mm Swarovski bicones that I think will work well as tree ornaments but will keep an eye out for alternatives as I'm out and about on Friday yes, for the first time in a long time I'm going to subject myself to Black Friday and all it's craziness.

4 comments:

Suz said...

You got a really nice amount of progress done on that piece! And I always find it amazing how much backstitch really adds to a piece (even though I loathe doing it).

Good luck with Black Friday ;) This is the first year I've ever had to work it - I work at a hospital, and even though I'm part of the research enterprise, the policies apply to all of us - and I'm only annoyed I can't sleep in. I can't imagine taking part in the shopping craziness. Good luck :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Look at the cute kitty! The backstitch really does make a big difference to this piece.
Thankfully we don't have Black Friday here, but the Christmas shopping season has started already so the shop is getting busier.

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go on making awesome progress on your stocking! Good luck to you on the Black Friday shopping.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I did not realize this was not full coverage on the toe area too - no wonder you said you were almost finished. Now you almost got the backstitching done as well; great progress!