background

Friday, December 29, 2017

A Small December check-in

Before I forget, I found this post on the 123 Stitch message board regarding the AMAZING piece I showed in my last post:   it was stitched by Kathy Meyers, and this is what she wrote:
"This is my Christmas cross stitch that I made by combining several cross stitch patterns from Lavender & Lace, Teresa Gil and Country Cottage Needleworks and various other designs I had in my stash. It has been framed by Jill & Amber of Rensel studios and I couldn't be happier with it! It is being shipped home to me in time for Christmas decorating!" Someone asked if the framed bell on the wall was from Sweetheart Tree, and Kathy replied that it was. So the mystery is solved.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday - ours was quietI got some stitching goodness this year.  My parents gave me these: 



The ones on the left are The Drawn Thread's Simply Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall with the threads for one of them (can't remember which one) but the colors are repeated in the others.  The one on the right is a Dimension's kit called Maggie the Messmaker (I'm assuming it's referring to the cat in the middle of the design and not me!).  I am going to stitch the seasons as one piece and have found a piece of Vintage Pearled Barley from Lakeside Linens in my stash that will work very nicely.  The Hubs gave me well, we gave me a stitching trip to Camp Stitchalot Stitchers Retreat hosted by Stitches 'n Things in March.  The timing worked out perfectly as The Hubs should be just about healed from his shoulder surgery all is a go for tomorrow and I will NEED the time away anyone that has spent any time with him when he's not feeling well will understand ;-).  I am already planning which pieces to take with me and am very excited as I've never been to a stitching retreat.  When I lived in New Hampshire I went to Celebration of Needlework but it was always a day trip - I've never been to "sleep over camp".

Today is the last check in for
 
I started out the year gang-busters with this SAL but July came along and I fizzled out and didn't post again until November. I did manage to finish seven smalls this years:

Just Nan - Florentine Floral

Just Nan - Holly Bow

Just Nan - Kari's Snowflake

Purple and Gold Corner

Circles

Tiny Tiger

Carnation

I am hoping to get back into a rotation in 2018 and that will include a small stitching slot.  I have my pieces picked out and everything ready to go see at the top about The Drawn Thread pieces.  If you're interested in Smalls SAL click on the badge here or the one up top on the left and it will should take you to Stitching Lotus' page and all the information you need.  As I am focusing on two large pieces, I am looking forward to this SAL as it will give me some variety and hopefully finishes.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your seven smalls that you finished! I know you had a few large finishes and a focus piece or two, so I think you did well with the smalls SAL. What super charts you were gifted! I hope you have a fabulous time at stitch camp in March.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great smalls. None of the same Just Nans that I stitched! I intend to keep doing my 30-a-day for the JNs next year.
The retreat sounds wonderful. I did two before I had children and would love to do another one.

Mary said...

You got some really nice Christmas gifts. I hope you have fun on your retreat. Your smalls are really pretty.

Leonore Winterer said...

What lovely presents from your parents, and how thoughtful of your husband to gift you time to relax after nursing him back to health!
Lovely smalls you stitched up, I'm looking forward to seeing this year's.