background

Monday, April 16, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness for April

WOW! half way through April already.  The weather is behaving much more like mid-March with all the crazy temperature ups and downs.  We had snow a week ago, it was 82 F on Saturday and it's 40 F something today. 

I got sidetracked tonight so this will be short.  Yesterday was the official check-in day for Gifted Gorgeousness.  Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and is designed for us to thank those wonderful folks that have gifted us with stitch things or show the things we're stitching for gifts or anything else we can shoehorn into the theme.  Except for my Small SAL piece, all of my pieces this year are gifts (all two of them) - I've just recently added three more projects but I can't show any of them right now as they are surprises.

Goldie is a gift for my in-laws.  It's a stocking that was charted by Heaven and Earth Designs of their German Shepherd puppy Goldie she has some really long registration name that I can't remember but her call name is Goldie.  Last month she was here:

and yesterday she was here:

I will withhold judgment for a while but the blue in her nose is a major distraction for me.  I am happy with my progress on this one. 

My other piece is Japanese Zen Garden by Chatelaine.  This is a gift for my son.  At last month's check-in it was here:

and when it went on the frame last night it was here:

I finally figured out that the corner is a water feature splashing around the rocks.

Not included in Gifted Gorgeousness is Just Nan's Pearl Orchid which went from here:



to here:

The colors are much truer in the top picture - amazing what lighting will do as they were both taken with the same camera.

It is too early in the month to report, but I have officially blown my Stich from Stash budget.  I had patterns but not fabric for the projects I need to start, so while only a bit over, I went over.  Oh well, it could have been much worse.

And before I forget, it's also TUSAL time.  Sharon at It's Daffycat hosts this SAL.  Click on the link for all the rules, but they can be summed up as: Save your bits and scraps, put them in a jar, take a picture and post.  This is a "because we can" type SAL.

Spot is not as enthused about being the model cat as Trouble was last month.

10 comments:

Justine said...

Goldie looks so sweet! I have read so many times that stitchers feel a colour is "off" on a HAED, until they stitch more of the piece and it all balances out. I would trust the designer and keep going.

Robin in Virginia said...

Goldie is really taking up shape, Susan. What soulful eyes she has! Good progress on both Zen and the Just Nan small. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Goldie is looking great - good progress on all your work

Christine said...

Great stitching! The Chaetelaine is gorgeous

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Goldie is looking great, loads of progress there. If you are not happy with the blue when he's finished there's always a marker pen...

Zen looks amazing too! I've been stitching my Chatelaine and have just printed off the next part. It will be a couple of days before I get there but I want to build the excitement!

Elfie said...

Great progress. Love the cat!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your projects, especially Goldie! That blue is looking a little strange, but I am sure it will work you. I'm looking forward to your surprise projects...how long will they have to stay secret for?

Ariadne said...

Both your works will be really beautiful when they finish.AriadnefromGreece!

Daffycat said...

Great ORTs! Your stitching pieces are all lovely. The puppy is getting very cute! I bet the blue is fine, just highlights we don’t usually see.

deb said...

Looks like Spot is doing a great job of being guard cat to your orts! So much progress on Goldie, and your Chatelaine project is lovely!