background

Monday, June 11, 2018

Back to my rotation

Before I start, a big Thank You to everyone that has commented in the last few weeks - seems Blogger isn't forwarding comments to my emails - I didn't figure it out until a few days ago so I'm way behind in responding.  They say they are "working on it" but I don't know how long it will take.

I have finished my obligation stitching and jumped back into my rotation.  Before I show my progress, I can show one of my finished pieces.


This is a piece I did for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary.  It's from the Anniversary Sampler leaflet from The Sweetheart Tree.  I had to do a bit of improvising for the 60 as designers don't seem to think people celebrate 60th anniversaries.

In addition, I made this card for them:  


The swans and moon are done with a sparkle paper - you can sort of see a texture difference and maybe even a little bit of that sparkle.  Just gotta love that Cricuit (thanks family).

So - stitching.  I worked on Goldie this weekend.  Here's where she was when I started back on Friday:

and today she's here:


Lots of filling in and single stitches but progress so I'm happy.  Those stitches down the right side are confetti stitches so will take a bit to fill that in then onto the background.

For this week's trip down WIP memory lane I have:


Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow from Carriage House Samplings.  This is stitched on 40-count Vintage Sand Dune from Lakeside Linen with the called for NPI silks.  This one, like all the others, was set aside when a 17 piece rotation proved to be no way to make much progress on anything.

Next is:  

Countdown to Christmas from Blue Ribbon Designs.  It is stitched on 40-count Magnolia from Lakeside Linens with the called for Gentle Art Sampler Threads.  I love the little cardinals.  The gridding not so much, but I do like the finished piece.

The third piece is:


Eye of the Tiger by Sherrie Stepp-Aweau.  I don't remember what count the fabric is, maybe 22.  I love how the tiger heads are reflected in the eye.  Lots of background stitching left on this one - I didn't want to stitch on black but am now looking at lots and lots of background stitching so maybe I should have used black fabric.

Japanese Zen Garden is going back on the frame tonight but I don't think I'll get any stitches into it until Friday.


7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Susan, the stitched piece and the card you created for your parents' 60th are wonderful. Look at Goldie; what a beauty!

Unknown said...

Love the card you made and all your progress on your stitching. Cute big doggy.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a gorgeous sampler, a perfect gift for your parents.
Love the card too. I thought you'd taking up paper cutting but it's a machine! How clever is that?

Nice work on Goldie too.

Jan said...

Wow! That card is fabulous. I know they just had to love it and the stitched piece.

rosey175 said...

The commenting thing is quite annoying. "Working on it" probably translates to "this is low priority" :(

Cricuts are really awesome tools and your card looks amazing to prove it! Both it and the wedding stitch are wonderful gifts for your parents.

Leonore Winterer said...

Hooray for finishing your obligations! I'm still slowly working my way through mine.
The anniversary piece for your parents is gorgeous, as is the card, and I always love seeing your older WIPs. Have you considered taking part in the Longest Day/Weekend SAL this year? I think I might give it a shot!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful piece you stitched your sweet parents. The card looks great, gotta love Cricut! The pictures of them in your previous post are adorable.
Great progress on your stitching, Goldie is precious.