background

Friday, June 26, 2020

She's here!!

Introducing Miss Cassimera (Cassie) Lue L (she's named after her great-grandmothers).  She was born yesterday around 6:30 in the morning. 


Mom and Cassie are fine and home now.  Here's Jack trying out being a big brother (with some help from Mom):

This picture just warms my heart to no end
I so want to get to Michigan to see her, but as with everything right now, it will have to wait.  Thank goodness for all the social media platforms right now. 

Now I really have to come up with a way to finish up her birth announcement pillow and get it FFOd.

I have been working on her Christmas stocking and added a few baubles:

It was here last week:

And today it's here:

It's starting to look like a stocking


The colors in the before are much closer to true. 

I should continue working on it, but I am going to take tonight off and start Pandemic by Long Dog Samplers.  I didn't pick a terribly exciting color scheme - I'll be doing it on an 18-count Antique White Aida with Sulky 12 weight cotton petite in Sunset.  I don't need another huge project but this one was calling very loudly so I decided to give in.

I also had some progress on my sock:

 I got the gusset all done and have started on the foot.  As with all the other parts, it was easier than I thought it would be.  This has been my Teams project.  As it's just knit, knit, knit, I don't have to pay a lot of attention so it is perfect for those video conferences that are otherwise dirt dry. 

And one last horrible picture before I finish.  My computer faces a window that overlooks the front yard and the bird feeders, I caught a flash of red yesterday and looked up thinking it was a cardinal. It wasn't.


It was a Summer Tanager.  I had to look this one up as I'd never seen one before. The picture was taken through the window and screen so it's hard to see but here's a better picture from the Audubon Society:

Image result for Male Summer Tanager   As he's a bug eater, I don't expect I'll see him again as I don't offer bugs in the bird feeders but it was a nice surprise.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Huge welcome to Cassie and congratulations to you all, I'm sure it will be very special when you can meet.

Robin in Virginia said...

Welcome to the world, Miss Cassie! Susan, she is precious and I love the picture of her, Jack and Mom. What an awesome bird sight to see of the Summer Tanager! You have made awesome progress on Cassie's stocking and your sock. Enjoy your weekend!

FlashinScissors said...

Hello Susan and welcome to the world Miss Cassie!
Vining you from GG - I’ve managed to link up this month, trying to get back into cross stitch! I’m trying not to start any large cross stitch projects though as it would be nice to have a few finishes! Tee hee!
Lovely photos Susan!
You did well to photograph the Summer Tanager too!
You have been doing really well with the your cross stitch stocking for Cassie, and your sock is growing well too!
Hope you and yours are keeping safe and well!
And I hope it won’t be too long before you are able to meet little Cassie!
Barbara x

ricketyjo said...

Awww, welcome to the world Cassie. I love the photo of her being held by her big brother. Such a sweet moment.
Your stocking is coming along great! Hope you are having a lovely week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome to the World, Cassie! She is nearly as big as her bow!
Love the way the stocking is growing. Lovely colours.
I downloaded Pandemic too, not sure when I will ever stitch it LOL

Leonore Winterer said...

Cassie is so cute! Great progress on the stocking, I think you're well on your way to have it all finished by Christmas. Great progress on your sock as well - I need some knitting or crochet on the side for video conferences as well.