background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May's TUSAL

At least I can keep up with this!!

It's hard to see, but all the new pieces are from Egyptian Garden. I realized that choosing a glass ornament was *not* a good choice for my ort holder, it looks nice BUT I can't fish through it for a piece long enough to do that one last stitch that I don't want to pull an entire new length of fiber for.  I'm usually pretty stingy with my threads, but sometimes pieces will get thrown in that are long enough for two or three more stitches and I have been known to "recycle" them. Please tell me I'm not the only one that does that!

And just because I can, here's one of my little tyrants furballs:

This is Trouble and yes she lives up to her name in her favorite spot. She's way too big for this but that doesn't seem to bother her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I do use the little bits of thread I throw away, especially when it's just one or two stitches I've forgotten to do.

And your cat is lovely. I just want to rub that tummy!

Fiona said...

*belly rub!!* lol beautiful cat & that orny is so sweet even if it is fidily!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You're not the only one that uses little scraps of thread up. I've been known to put the needle through the hole then thread it, pull the thread through, unthread the needle, insert in next hole, rethread etc just to finish off a stitch when I have less than a needle's length left!