background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Last day of the long weekend

First, welcome to all my new followers.  My followers gadget doesn't seem to be working so I didn't even notice until I went into the dashboard that I had over 50!  I appreciate your taking the time to read the drivel that I tend to post.

Second, I forget that not everyone reading hangs around with me and my mixed-up, confused idiomatic expressions.  The galloping horse test is:  Can a person riding by on a galloping horse see the difference?

And last but not least, here is what I've been doing the last few days.

Paper crafting.  I make these for the Niblings (brothers and sisters are siblings so nieces and nephews are niblings - I'm fairly sure that came from Jo's blog, but if not let me know where I read it and I'll give you credit) on their 18th birthdays.  The directions can be found at Stubby Stampers

Here it is closed:

And open:


We put money in three of the boxes and a small card in the fourth.

Stitching.  I'm sure you'll be shocked to read that I worked on Hawaiian.  I am very pleased with my progress.  I may finish the stitching on part 1 next weekend  I'll have close to another full day of speciality stitches and beading for a full part 1 finish.


And finally, Birds of a Feather:


All the housework is done, the oven is cleaning I LOVE the self-cleaning feature on my oven, if I never spend another day with my head inside an oven trying to clean it, it will be too soon!! and I have several hours of uninterrupted time for stitching  what a great way to end a long weekend.

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

Your followers gadget works...they just like to disappear every now and again. Sometimes mine goes away for a couple of days but I know others can still see it because I'll have new followers. Computers ~ go figure!

Wow, you are so close to closing up that octagon on Hawaiian Garden! It's very pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yes, niblings is me! Everybody use it and we'll get an entry in the Oxford English Dictionary!
Love your Hawaiian, the colours are amazing.
Thanks for the horse explanation, makes sense now.

Mouse said...

oooo well done on your progress :) and love the BOAF one and had to giggle at your head in the oven trying to clean it ... much easier if you use your hands and a scrubber cloth hahahah ... love mouse xxxx

Veronica said...

Oh I love that box you made. It's great! Beautiful stitching too.

Hugs,
Veronica.