background

Saturday, November 17, 2012

IHSW

Yes, it's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) but this is not my progress post,  I will actually be participating and not just drooling over every one's projects for the first time in four or five months and will be posting my progress on Monday.

First, thank you everyone for the compliments on my finish.  Holly was really a fun stitch.  I had a long weekend and stitched away very happily on Chatelaine's Mystery XV and The Nutmeg Cottage's Gingerbread Collection Parma Violets.

I am very happy to report that I have another finish!!  Okay, the stitching is finished, I have not even read all the directions to turn it into the cute little house that will hang on my tree sometime in the future.

Here are the finished parts of the cottage:


I have some unexpected time off in the next couple of weeks and hope to have some time to finish-finish this.

And here is the before of Chatelaine's Mystery XV - Deep Blue Sea


And this is where I was Sunday evening:

Chatelaine's Mystery XV
Stitched on 32-count Summer Sky Jobelan with DMC and Rainbow Gallery's PTB
I did do a bit of additional stitching but as it is a gift, photos will have to wait.

I have this coming week off from work and have lots planned which means I will get almost none of those items done but lots of other things.

5 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see your cottage put together! Good for you for getting it all stitched. Nice progress on your Chatelaine, too.

Mouse said...

fingers n paws crossed all goes well with the cottage build ...lol ... well done on getting soooo much stitched ... needle has yet to get into my paws this hermitting :( love mouse xxxxx

Giovanna said...

That little cottage is going to be lovely! Nice going on the mandala, what gorgeous colours,

Nicola said...

How nice to have a whole week off.

Your little house is going to look so good hanging on your tree.

I love the blues on your Chatelaine.

Kate said...

Axious to see the cottage put together! Beautiful! Nice start on Mystery XV too :)