background

Sunday, June 29, 2014

June Just Nan SAL

Zeb at Keep Calm and Cross Stitch is hosting Just Nan SAL 2014.  Just Nan was on my "must buy" list for years so I have quite a collection of patterns - most of them kitted up and ready to start - languishing in my stash.  When I read about the SAL, I jumped on it.  I looked at it as a chance to reduce my stash a bit and see lots of beautiful stitching.  It has not disappointed.  I am not burning through my Just Nan stash but I have finished two projects so far this year and am so pleased, I have decided to keep a Just Nan slot in my rotation.

Strawberry Summer was finished last night sorry for the wonky photo:

Stitched on 28-count Graziano Savannah Rose Milan linen with DMC floss and perle cotton, Kreinik and beads from the embellishment pack
 I decided to leave off the date as it really didn't fit the design and I didn't feel like recharting from 2001 to 2014 (ummmm yeah, it's been in my stash for that long).

After sorting through all my patterns, Spring in the Air was picked to fill the Just Nan slot in the rotation (I had a really good time "shopping" in my stash).

6 comments:

Jan said...

I love the bench with the bird on it. Though of course the whole thing is great.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful, summery finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance. This is a lovely sampler and the little vignette at the bottom makes it something special, more than just another beautiful sampler.

I am enjoying the SAL too and have used the chance to press on with my Winter Typography.

MarchAnn said...

Very nice, I like them.

EvalinaMaria said...

It's beautiful! Well done!

Annie said...

It's lovely! Congrats on the finish:)