background

Friday, June 13, 2014

June WIPocalypse

Oh my!  What a wonderful week!  I worked from home this week to allow me to concentrate on a huge project I finished it this morning!!! and it was great to turn off the computer at 5:00 and be home rather than at my normal 7:30ish.  I cooked dinner, The Hubs enjoyed that!, cleaned up the kitchen and had HOURS for stitching and/or reading before bedtime - my usual evening routine is:  get home around 7:30; eat a bowl of cereal while I'm making and packing my breakfast and lunch for the next day; talk with the Hubs for a few minutes; put out my clothes for the next day; and, in bed around 8:30.  Sigh unfortunately, I'm back in the office on Monday.

Before I forget, welcome and thank you to all my followers, new and old.  I do appreciate you sticking around with me.

So, today is a full moon so, it's time for my 2014 WIPocalypse update.  Measi at Measi's Musings host WIPocalypse.  If you click on the dragon, you should be taken to the information site.

This month's question is:  Have you ever been to a stitching retreat or festival?  Yes, I have.  I was fortunate to live less than an hour from the Celebration of Needleworks sites, Manchester, first and later Nashua, when I lived in New Hampshire. I went to every Celebration from 1993 until I moved in 2007.  Because I lived so close, I didn't spend the night, but I took lots of classes and did make my contribution to the attending needlework designers and vendors.  I also met a number of people that I had previously only "talked" to on the RCTN group and later Yuku groups and blogs.  A retreat is on my wish list - I know of three or four that are within a few hours of my home - so hopefully in the near future I will make one of them.

Onto the stitching... I have three projects left from my original list: Secret Victorian Garden, Santa's Magic and Elegant Doily.

You can see my progress on Elegant Doily in my previous post.  I'm still eyeletting and will be for the foreseeable future.

Chatelaine's Secret Victorian Garden went from here:



to here:


And Mirabilia's Santa's Magic went from here:


To here:


Santa will be on the frame through tomorrow.  Lizzie*Kate's Holly and Hearts goes on the frame on Sunday for its week in the rotation.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress Susan.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference those few hours make? Enjoy your days off too.

I am very envious of all the Celebrations you have attended over the years. I've been to two retreats and really enjoyed them. Not possible with the boys at the moment but one day!

You have made great progress on all three of your projects this month. I love your Chatelaine in particular.

Pull the other thread said...

Wonderful stitching on your projects. Wow that sounds like a grueling schedule. Hope you enjoy your weekend before you have to be back in the office next week.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress, and yay for working at home :)

Giovanna said...

Lovely progress on those wonderful projects!

SoCal Debbie said...

Your projects are so gorgeous and amazing! How wonderful that you attended so many retreats for years and years! I laughed at your comment about making your contribution to the attending needlework designers and vendors! LOL

Catherine said...

Such beautiful projects! Love that Santa!