background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1st

Lots of little things to talk about today.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my Egyptian Garden finish. The picture, as usual, doesn't do it justice. The blues are very vibrant and it just sparkles with all the beads and metallics. I'm not sure how this is going to be framed. I've been sending my finished pieces to Jill Rensel for the last couple of years for framing (yes, it is very scary dropping my stitching in the mail, but her work makes it worth it). She sends an email with two or three combinations, I choose and she does her magic. It's always fun to open the package (I have never had anything packaged as well as the items she sends) and see the finishing touches she put on the mats. She is also very reasonably priced, much more so than even the big chain stores.

On the temperature, the little thermometer part is located somewhere on our deck (I don't remember where the Hubs mounted it) and that area is a bit of a heat trap, so the actual temperature was probably closer to 97 - still a ridiculous number for this time of year. And the humidity was right around 68%, so walking outside was rather like walking into a warm, wet wash cloth.

As it's the first of the month, it's time to recap and plan. My goals for May were to finish Egyptian Garden and comment more on your blogs. I did both!  As a matter of fact, I was commenting on someones blog almost every day until Blogger had it's little tantrum.

For June? I'd like to finish two more rows on both Santaberry Pudding and Just Nan's Christmas Elegance and finish part one of With thy Needle & Thread's Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler. That's a hefty bit of stitching, especially as I'll be travelling for a week with work, but I do have five more days on my holiday so these may be more easily doable than I think.

Speaking of Santaberry Pudding. Here's a photo of my progress:

This is stitched over-2 on 16-count Alabaster Heatherfield with #5 Perle cotton. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the back stitching to play nice, but all in all, I'm enjoying this piece. I'm hoping to finish off the line of stars and the next line of verse today.

And finally, it's a new moon, so here's my TUSAL photo:

Mostly Egyptian Garden, but there are a few bits from Santaberry Pudding in there. Not that they're easy to see, but the fabric in the background is R&R Reproductions Espresso and Flax Fields which are for BBD's Gathering Basket and Wild Lilies.

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh beautiful ORTs, Susan!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A Jill Rensel framing, now I am envious!

Can't wait to see how she will make this one even more beautiful than it is already!