Thank you all for the thoughts as Hurricane Sandy made her way up the east coast. We were very fortunate, we were just far enough south to miss the worst of it. Lots of wind, lots of rain, lots of flickering lights but no damage other than a couple of leaks but we think we've found the spot and are fixing it this weekend and the power was never off for long enough to even require us to reset the clocks. My heart goes out to everyone that was in a more direct path of the storm.
Having a bit more stitching time than I had expected this week, I was able to finish Mirabilia's Holly.
Here she is before:
And here she is finished:
She is stitched on 32-count opalescent Antique White Belfast with DMC. I switched out the called for Kreiniks for Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid and the Mill Hill beads for Delicas. I also changed up the back stitching and beading on the wings from the called for greens to silvery-blue as I wanted a frosty look.
I am going off my rotation for this week as I want to start and hopefully finish a Christmas gift or two and will start back on it next weekend when The Nutmeg Company's Parma Violets will be back on the frame so to speak - I finished a piece in my rotation and added this one to the list so it has two slots as well as Chatelaine's Mystery XV - Deep Blue Sea.