check-ins, but given my track record the last few months, I am very happy with a few days late.
WIPocalypse is hosted by Melissa at Measi's Musings for some reason I can't get to her site today to link the address but will keep trying. It started in 2012 as a tongue-in-check nod to the end of the world and an attempt to leave with as many WIPs completed as possible. I've been trying ever since to complete mine.
Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and is a way for us to thank all those folks that have gifted us with something stitching related or to show our progress on something that will be a gift.
I have two pieces that fit into both categories that I have progress on since my last post. The first is Shakespearean Fantasy
This pattern was a gift from Pull the Other Thread. I completed the small strip I think it was three stitches wide up to the blue line. I know I've mentioned how I don't see the picture developing on these until I sit back, well with this one, I completely missed it. Leonore and Justine both commented about the fairies in my last post. I really could not see what they were talking about. I kept seeing tree leaves, but kept staring at it with squinted and crossed eyes it always worked with those magic eye pictures that were all the rage in the 90s but still was not seeing it/them. I'm not sure why but after stitching the last bit of that tiny little column, I sat back and they jumped out at me. There is half, or so, of one at the bottom and you can see just a bit of wing forming there on the edge. NOW the weird color changes make sense!! After consulting the map/guide to the piece, this section represents A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Fortunately, It's About Time doesn't have a lot of hidden bits and pieces. This pattern was a gift from Kate at A Kowgirl's Stitchin Blog.
I am very happy to say that this is a page finish. I'm looking forward to seeing what that blob of yellow/gold in the lower right corner turns out to be.
I spent a bit of time working on To Have and To Hold Bridal Sampler, but I had to frog most of it as I miscounted and the name wasn't centered. No photo as I was a bit frustrated with myself and just set it aside, but I have now run a basting line down the center and will be stitching the names from the center out rather than thinking I've counted correctly to the edge.