background

Monday, April 17, 2017

April's Gifted Gorgeousness

Not an imaginative post title, but accurate.  Once a month, Jo at Serendipitous Stitching wants to see what we're stitching that was gifted to us, either whole or bits and pieces, or what we're stitching that is a gift or whatever we can shoehorn into the category of a gift.  She does this under the mantle of the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.

I had dreams of massive amounts of stitching progress during my weeks working from home; however, last week was more famine than feast.  I was so much more tired after the surgery than I had anticipated that I was thrilled to stay awake until 9:00.  Because the surgery was laparoscopic and the incision was in my belly button, there is no visible evidence of me having had surgery; therefore, in my mind there was no surgery.  If I have to have surgery in the future, I'm going to ask for a big, ol' bandage so that it at least looks like I had something done and will maybe remember that I'm supposed to be taking it easy have to say I'm still trying to figure out how they got my gallbladder out through that tiny cut.

Back to Gifted Gorgeousness.  I have three Heaven and Earth Designs pieces that fit in the SAL, Shakespearean Fantasy, It's About Time, and Santa and the Mouse.  I don't have any progress to show since my last post, but the background of how these fit in the SAL is:  Shakespearean Fantasy's pattern was a gift from Pull the Other Thread; It's About Time's pattern was a gift from Kate at Needles and Haystacks; and, Santa and the Mouse is a retired freebie from HaED so I'm counting it as a gift.

I have two gifts for other people, Sentimental Heart from The Sweetheart Tree is a wedding gift for DNiece and  A Glimpse of Santa from Stoney Creek is a Christmas gift for DNiece-to-be and the fabric was a gift from The Hubs this past Christmas (he bought me a 10-yard bolt of 28-count antique white Monaco - okay I found it, bought it and gave it to him to wrap).  Here is Sentimental Heart again   and A Glimpse of Santa is here

My last SAL piece is Gold and Purple Corner from Scarlet Suen.  This is another freebie, this time from The Sample Life SAL:


Now that I am not quite so tired, I hope to get more evening stitching done this week.  

8 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Wow on the ten yard bolt of fabric abs I live the sample lift. The gold and purple really contrast well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the blue and gold in the Sampler Life block.
The bolt of fabric sounds like an amazing gift to receive, it will keep you in GG for years to come!
Hope you make a swift recovery from your non-surgery surgery! What's the point if you don't have an impressive scar?

Linda said...

Nice progress Susan.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made good progress, Susan. Hope you are feeling less tired as each day passes.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching!

Justine said...

Lovely stitching, hope you are feeling better now and back to stitching.

Bekah said...

Hope that your energy level gets back to normal soon. Lovely work on all your pieces. I think the wedding sampler is great, I will have to get the pattern.

Leonore Winterer said...

That must be super frustrating, to have the time but not the energy to do fun things! I hope you'll soon feel good enough to get some stitching gone again :)