background

Monday, October 16, 2017

I haven't stopped

I haven't stopped blogging, although it may seem like it.  The last month has been a whirlwind.  In my last post, I mentioned one more work trip to Michigan.  That's been and gone (the training went well and I had a wonderful time visiting my family afterwards).  There was a long weekend in there somewhere - The Hubs and I went to Virginia Beach, took the boat out and visited his dad.  And when I logged off my computer Friday afternoon, I was officially on vacation for two weeks!  I went to the grocery store to pick up things to get through the weekend and a bit and then spent the next two days working on DNiece's wedding card.   Yep, on Wednesday I'm packing the car up again and heading back to Michigan to attend my niece's wedding on Friday.  The bones of the card were done on Saturday and all the decorating finished on Sunday.

I decided on a modified exploding box.  It is fairly plain on the outside:


because the inside isn't:

From above.  Heart idea from http://paperfirefly.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/ruby-wedding-anniversary.html


As with my nephew's card, I used bits and pieces from the bouquet I carried at my sister's wedding  (Yes, DSis and DBIL had two weddings within 3-1/2 months of each other - I'm sure they'll be glad to be done and dusted with weddings) to add a little "something old" for good luck   DSis and DBIL have been married for 30 years this December, so there must be some good vibes associated with it all.  

With the wedding things done, I am focusing on  A Glimpse of  Santa for the remainder of my vacation.  This is a gift for my new niece (wife of DNephew) and fits perfectly into Gifted Gorgeousness.  Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and is designed to showcase projects that are gifts to someone or projects that were gifts to us (or anything else you can shoehorn into the SAL theme). 

Here's where it was last month  

And here's where it is today:  
More of the tree, finished off the window casing, some of the wallpaper design and a start to the little boy's head.  My goal for today and tomorrow is to get to the halfway mark so I can roll it up and move into the foot and toe area. 

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
That card in a box is stunning! I might consider having another wedding ceremony just so you make one for me LOL
Nice work on the stocking too.

Robin in Virginia said...

The card is fabulous, Susan. You have made good progress on the stocking. Enjoy your vacation and have a safe trip to the wedding.

Leonore Winterer said...

Nice stitching progress, but gosh, that card is gorgeous! I hope things will calm down a bit for you know.

Joanne said...

Wow! Love the card/box! Incredible work!

Elfie said...

Gorgeous projects - so creative!