background

Friday, November 17, 2017

IHSW and Gifted Gorgeousness

It's time for  and Gifted Gorgeousness!!  If you're interested in participating in IHSW, head on over to Random Ramblings or click Hermie on the left side up there at the top (the guy here in the post is just a picture).  Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and you can find all the details here or click on the badge up left there.
 
Grocery shopping tomorrow morning and I'll be just about done with the actual work part of the weekend.  I'm sure you'll have no trouble guessing what I'm hermitting with this weekend and it just happens to be my Gifted Gorgeousness entry - gotta love these two-for-one posts especially as I've been so bad at keeping up with this blog lately.

Yep, A Glimpse of Santa.  When last you saw our hero I showed it last, it was here:


And after last weekend's stitching time, it's here:


I had to roll it up a bit so I could get to the heel/toe area.  That kitten took  FOREVER.  Lots of confetti stitching, fractional stitches and fractional confetti!

Since I can see the end of this project, I'm planning my next one - another Christmas stocking.  This one for my in-laws.  It will have a picture of their German Shepherd puppy on it.  It's a special order from Heaven and Earth Designs so it's going to take some time and will be my focus and probably only piece next year and even with that I'm not sure I can finish it in time for Christmas 2018. 

I'll see you at the end of the weekend with my hermitting report.

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The stocking is looking good!
Next year I am planning to focus on two BAPs but there will still be smalls inbetween!

Robin in Virginia said...

Good progress, Susan! Enjoy your hermitting this weekend.

Elfie said...

Great progress. Your stocking is looking great already.

Leonore Winterer said...

Two for one...I'll probably do the same thing for those SALs this time. Great progress on your stocking, how convenient that you have another one lined up to give you something to post every GG next year.