background

Friday, September 20, 2019

Coming Out of Hiding

I haven't really been hiding, just trying to find a balance and get myself settled again.  A bit back, I just suddenly felt like I'd walked out of a fog.  I finally figured out that my brain and body had finally processed and reconciled the stress-filled craziness that was my life the beginning of the year.  Don't know if I'll post any more frequently, but I am finding real happiness in the crafting/stitching that I have done since then and am making LOTS of plans for later (probably next year).

Lots of travel is happening right now, some for work, I was in Nashville last week and will be in Chicago next week, and some for me, I'll be heading to Michigan twice in November for DNiece's baby shower and Jack's first birthday.

In my last post I mentioned that Jack was almost crawling, well he's gone way past almost.  He is getting himself around just fine right now and has moved onto furniture cruising and walking behind a push toy.  This past weekend, he figured out how to climb stairs, much to his Mom's horror surprise. So hard to believe that he's nine months old already:


Winston the Magnificent announced that DNiece is having:


Yep, a new great-nephew is due in early February.  We're all super excited and can't wait to meet the newest member of the family.  I just finished the baby blanket for him:

Hugs & Kisses Baby Blanket by Jeanne Steinhilber

That tail at the top has been woven in so pretend it's not there.  Not a great photo, but I really love the pattern and enjoyed trying out some new stitches.  I have three balls of the same type yarn in a different colorway and may start another one as I'd like to see how the different colors play with the stitches.

While we're I'm talking about babies, here are my new nephews Calder and Vance:

Please ignore the arrow, this is a screen shot from a video 
They arrived on August 15th weighing 6 pounds 6 ounces and 5 pounds 8 ounces respectively.  DSIL says they are both very laid back and easy babies.  Grammy and Gramps are both over the moon to have them so close (they live three blocks away).  I haven't had a chance to see them in person but hope to get to Virginia Beach in October and spend some time with them.

I think that's all on the mini-baby boom.  I have stitching finishes and as I'm within the time period, I can count them toward a Gifted Gorgeousness post.  This may be the first posting for Gifted Gorgeousness I've made this year - which is very sad.  Anyway,  Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching   She started the SAL as a way for us to thank people that have gifted us with stitching goodness or to show things we are stitching as gifts.  This month, I have two pieces that fit:

Jack's stocking:


I ended up using snowflake buttons instead of stitching them as I just could not get the thread to cooperate and my snowflakes all looked half melted.  I have the fabric to FFO this piece, just need to sit down and do it.  I also need to decide if I want to put the called for pom-pom at the end of his hat.  The colors in this are much more vibrant than the photo as the green in the toe is a very bright lime green.

The second is for DNephew-in-law (I only use that for clarity as I just think of him as my nephew):

This is Love You Dad from Bent Creek:


This is my second go 'round with this pattern as I made DNephew a pillow when they were expecting Jack.  I have Love You Mom for DNiece ready to go as soon as this one is done.

Lots of stuff to do around the house this weekend, which is today and tomorrow as I leave for Chicago on Sunday, so not sure how much stitching will actually happen, but with summer ending - it's dark by 8:00, the leaves are changing and the breeze had a bit of a nip in it this morning - and me finally feeling more me, I'm hoping to get some plans together and actually follow through on them.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love you Dad is looking good, Susan! Hard to believe that Jack is 9 months and look at the twins with their blankets. The blanket you made for the upcoming baby is so pretty. Love the pattern! Jack's stocking looks fabulous. Have a safe trip to Chicago! Thinking of you!

Heritage Hall said...

Thank you for the inspiration, Susan. Have not crocheted for eons, but this blanket whetted my appetite and I just may venture forth on it. The tutorial, etc. are clear and concise. Wish I had known you
were in Nashville.. tea and treats would have been in the offing..

Leonore Winterer said...

You've made tons of crafting progress, I'm so glad to hear you've emerged from your stress-induced fog :) I love the blanket and the stocking. All the new babies in your family will be warm and cozy this winter!

Ariadne said...

So nice the family is getting bigger. Love the Christmas stocking. AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. It's always lovely to see a post from you. All the new babies are a great excuse for crafting again so I am glad life is slightly less stressful for you now.
I love the colours in Jack's stocking, especially that vibrant green.