background

Friday, January 24, 2020

My late IHSW update

I participated in  but I didn't do my follow-up post, so here it is. 

As I had Monday off, I did add an extra day to my weekend.

While Magic Dreams was my focus, I spent a good part of Friday working on Jordan from Nora Corbett -  I just found out she actually has a name...

She went from here:

to here:


Just the beading left the peppermints aren't attached, I just wanted to see how they'd look.  I played around with beads and settled on a silver lined clear Magnifica.  They were left over from another project.  I think I have enough to finish this piece, but not the other two so a small order will be going in soon.  I also changed out the called for DMC on the wings and swirls for a Petite Treasure Braid it's a Christmas piece, you can never have too much sparkle on a Christmas piece!!

Back to Magic Dreams.  He went from here:

to here:


Lots of stitching with lots of different colors and blends.  He's on the frame as my focus piece this weekend too.  I would like to get him finished or very close to finished as there is a very good chance that the doctors aren't going to let mom carry him until February 5th.

A few more leaves and part of another branch on the Temperature Tree:


and a bit more progress on Time for Seasons:


I added a lot of blue and if you look closely, you can see a house in that negative space there in the middle.


Rain in the forecast for this weekend, so once I get the errands run, I'll be inside stitching.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome progress on your pieces, Susan! The pixie looks darling. Have a stitch filled weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great Hermitting progress! But J is for Jo not Jordan LOL. Love those peppermint buttons, great addition to the design.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitches you put in.
J could be for Julie ... ME!

Leonore Winterer said...

Awesome progress on Jordan and the whale! I think it won't be that long before your next finish after all.