background

Friday, May 15, 2020

On time for once

The time is simultaneously standing still and whizzing past - a very strange phenomena (da dee da dee dee) apologies for any earworm this caused.  Still working from home (and very much enjoying my job), still staying home as much as possible, and still stitching. 

Central Virginia has also into summer.  We're supposed to be in the upper 80s this weekend - I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet.  Fortunately, it's not humid so it's not oppressive, just warm.

Before I get to the stitching it's time for a baby update.

Jack is looking so grown up in this picture.  He's definitely turned into a toddler and is losing his baby looks.


Grady is growing so fast.  He's a bit over 3 months old.  That smile just melts me and aren't those booties the best?


Calder and Vance are almost 9 months old and are cruising and crawling like champs.


Jack's sister is still due the end of June and we're all excited to welcome her to the family. 

I received a photo of Grady's finished birth announcement:


Grady received it yesterday.  I think it was well worth the time it took to complete the framing.

So babies and finished stitching, now current stitching and crafting - also baby related.  Fortunately, they all fit into Gifted Gorgeousness.  Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching - if you click on that picture it should take you to the SAL page.  Gifted Gorgeousness is a fun way to thank those that have given us stitching goodness or show pieces we're stitching for gifts or anything you can shoehorn into the SAL.  All of my crafting the last few months have been gifts and fit into the SAL perfectly.

I finished Grady's Christmas stocking:


I am not sure what color I'm going to use for the backing and cording.  I'm going to go through my fabric stash and see if any of them will work.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

Once I finished the stocking, I started Nora Corbett's Sweet Pea.  This will be Baby Girl's birth announcement:


I'm stitching this on 32-count Water Color Meadow from Sunny Dyes Fabrics with the called for threads and beads.  I'm using one of the called for Kreinik but switched out the other for a Petite Treasure Braid.  I really like the colors together - very vibrant (which I think Baby Girl is going to be). 

The other piece I finished was her blanket


Here's a close up of the border I added:


Three rows of single crochet - simple but effective.

I'm going to focus on Sweet Pea.  Once that's finished  Vintage Baubles  will become my focus piece.  Once those are done, rather than start my rotation again, I may do a new start, but will decide when I get there. 

Stay well and safe.

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Baby Girl's afghan looks super, Susan! Grady's birth announcement is incredible. Well done on getting Grady's stocking finished! You have made an awesome start on Baby Girl's birth sampler. Thank you for sharing the pictures of the boys! They are all adorable. Enjoy your weekend!

Heritage Hall said...

What sugar plum children. Just adore Grady's stocking...I can see where it was a delight to work on...colors so vibrant. What an heirloom is will become. Single crochet bordering the afghan a lovely
finish.

Julie said...

A lovely GG update this month.
The boys do look lovely.
Great afghan.
Super sampler, its beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely baby photos! Jack's hat is wonderful and really suits him. As do the little green booties, so cute.
Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the stocking, it does look great on that black fabric.
Sweet Pea is a great design, it's nice to have something which will suit her as she grows up and not just a baby Sampler.
Don't forget to link up for GG this month.

Elfie said...

Beautuful pics! Grady's stocking is amazing! And I love your baby blanket.

Tiffstitch said...

Those are some beautiful babies and almost not-baby any more. Lovely stitching too!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, they are growing so quickly! And did I see correctly, are you actually up to date with your baby crafting, with baby birl still on the way? The whale birth announcment looks soooo good all finished. Can't wait to see the stocking done up, and more of sweet pea. And what a lovely blanket - you really are on fire, lady!