background

Monday, February 14, 2022

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

 *click* and *creak* can be heard as a door is pushed open... Me, looking around, "it's a bit dusty and musty in here, but nothing that a little activity won't cure" and begins dusting things off and airing out, so I'm presentable for:

The Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Hop on over to her blog to see the list of everyone that is participating and click around to see all the wonderful Valentine's Day themed stitching or just something that a stitcher would love.

My Valentine is this gorgeous crazy quilt heart:


I have always admired this style of needlework for its beauty, but oh my! the work that goes into the planning (see that fussy cut bit in the middle?), and all the embellishments - LOVE the spider and web and the pearls and the heart button and, and, and...  So very beautiful.

I'm off to check out all the other participant's blogs.  I hope to be back before the next blog hop... 




18 comments:

RONI said...

Oo I do like that. There are some beautiful pieces so far. Not mine though x

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is such a beautiful stitch, very clever but it isn't mine, happy Valentine's Day 💕

Mia said...

Great stitch, but I am not your Secret Stitching Sweetheart. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend. Sending you hugs from Greece.

FlashinScissors said...

Beautiful stitching! Nice to see different styles of stitching, but not my forte. Wish it were 😂🤣😂🤣
Love your opening, Ha ha, describes my blog too!
Happy Valentines Day!
Hugs,
Barbara 😁👍🙋‍♀️♥️xx

Felicia said...

Beautiful finish!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your crazy heart is a beauty, Susan!

Denise :) said...

♥ It's me, it's me!! ♥ I'm your Secret Stitching Sweetheart! ♥ Happy Valentine's Day hugs to you!! ♥ :)

jocondine said...

What a nice quilted heart, lovely work from Denise. Great to visit you with the blog hop. Joyeuses saint Valentin ! xxx

Astrids dragon said...

What a beautiful way to come back!
Such a lovely heart, put together so perfectly. What a precious piece, Denise!
Happy hearts to you.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

That is a fine quilted heart.

Shelly said...

Very pretty, Denise! So colorful. Happy Valentine's Day!

Mary's Thread said...

That is beautiful work form Denise! Happy Valentine's Day!

Elfie said...

Such a beautiful heart.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Secret Stitching Sweeheart Blog Hop this year. A lovely way to tempt you back to blogging! This is a gorgeous heart. I might attempt this with paper but not with fabric. That's way beyond my skill set!

Gwen said...

That heart is beautiful.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that heart is great! I don't think I could ever make something like that. So nice to hear from you - happy Valentines Day!

Kaisievic said...

Gotta love a crazy heart, Happy Valentine's Day❤️

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a beautiful heart.