background

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trip and TUSAL

Despite the traffic, going and coming home, I had a wonderful trip. Seeing DSon was the highlight of the trip not that the training didn't go wonderfully and it was great to see all my former workmates, but they don't stand a chance in the "which was better" contest. We had dinner together twice and a good long chat Friday night. Not sure when I'll see him again as I think he's going to spend Christmas with his Grandparents and it's our turn to spend Christmas with the Hubs' family.

I didn't do as much shopping as I'd planned, which was okay as I did some other errands but I did make it to ABC Stitch - twice. Had a lovely time looking around - all the models, all the fibers and fabric, just inspiring. I did find Nora Corbett's Holly (bought the chart and some opalescent antique white fabric as well as the beads, I converted one to Delica but couldn't find a good match for the other and metallics, converted both Kreinik to Petite Treasure Braid) as well as Blackbird Designs Rose Garden I changed the fiber from Jakey Brown to GAST Faded Rose and Lizzie*Kate's Snowman 2010 (I'm planning to stitch this for my co-worker). I also picked up Little House Needleworks Pine Tree Inn but I want to make some changes to it so will be a while before I start stitching.

Burlington was wonderful! It had been almost 10 years since I'd been there and the changes were all positive. If you ever get a chance it's well worth the visit. I especially recommend the lemon-ginger truffles at Lake Champlain Chocolates.

Stitching? Well none happened on the trip, but I did finish the frame lines on BoaF before I left:

Spot is modelling my second TUSAL for this month:

There are bits of BoaF mystery and Socks and Underwear-Santa 2010 in there.

Suppose I need to work on my recap and goals for August. I'm starting a Chatelaine SAL over on The Speciality Stitchers Yahoo group and will be working on Hawaiian Garden so need to pull that out and get it ready as well as finishing up the other things I said I was going to do in July.

Last but definitely not least - thank you for your comments and to the new followers. I certainly never thought that people would actually have any interest in what I was posting as I started all this to help me keep track of my life and stitching. Thank you everyone.

1 comment:

Mouse said...

oooo so where is the photo with the stash on eh ..lol ..love your progress on the birds of a feather and cute photo of spot with the orts too :) love mouse xxx