background

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December Gifted Gorgeousness

It's Gifted Gorgeousness time again.  Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and serves several functions. First of all, it lets us thank the generous folks that have gifted us something stitching related - patterns, thread, fabric, etc. and it also lets us highlight the pieces that we are stitching as gifts.  And the best part is the "shoehorn" category - that one lets us put on our justification hats and tell the world why it fits this SAL.

Soooo, I have two pieces that fit perfectly, Shakespearean Fantasy and Its About Time. Both of these patterns were gifted to me by the very generous Pull the Other Thread and Kate at Needle and Haystacks respectively.

Shakespearean Fantasy looks like this today:
 

And Its About Time looks like this:


Right now, I don't have any pieces that fit into "gifts I am stitching" category, but I will in 2016.  I do have two pieces that I am shoehorning in as they are freebies from the designers and are, in my mind, gifts.  The first is QS Christmas Presence.  He was part of the 2015 Freebie SAL on the Heaven and Earth Designs Yuku bulletin board.  I have put a few more stitches into him since I last showed you. Today he looks like this:

All those ratty ends on the right are the starting of threads for the10X10 square that I finished - very heavy confetti stitching.  The next couple of squares are not as confetti heavy so should stitch up much faster.

The second shoehorn is Plum Street Samplers, 2015 Sunday Mystery SAL. I am slowly but surely working through each day and have it to here now:


I have stitched "Sixth Day" in the next block, but that's all.  I doubt I will have this finished for Christmas but may by Twelfth Night. Thinking on it, as I am stitching this with thread won in a give-away at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe, I think this one actually fits into the "perfect fit" category and not the shoehorn.

As I mentioned, I plan to reduce my SAL commitments in 2016, but this is one that I plan to continue with.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats they look great! I'm glad this one is continuing its been fun!

Anjanas said...

Your Plum Street Sampler looks amazing with those threads. Really beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed product!

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching - I do love your Santa freebie!

Elfie said...

Beautiful projects! I really enjoy watching them grow. Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month (and all year). You're making great progress on all your pieces but I think they will keep you linking up for at least another year!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! Your black has finally some colour in it, and soon it will reach an area where you have a few more colours to stitch again ^_^ I'm very impressed you good your coverage is with the black...that 1x1 on 28ct, right?