background

Thursday, December 31, 2015

December Smalls Check-in

My final SAL check-in of 2015 is for 2015SmallsSAL. A thank you to Heather at Stitching Lotus for hosting this SAL and continuing it into 2016.  If you are interested in participating, click on the 2016 button on the left and it should take you to the sign-up page. If it doesn't, click here.  I have said it before, but if it weren't for this SAL, I would have very few finishes each year.

All of my finishes can be seen in the "Finishes" tab up top.  I had been using The Sampler Life SAL blocks as my Smalls SAL pieces, but this month decided to focus on Plum Street Samplers 2015 Sunday Mystery SAL instead. Like The Sampler Life, the motifs for the mystery SAL could be stitched as individual ornaments/pieces.  I had toyed with the idea of individual pieces, but I am even worse at finishing-finishing things than I am at finishing the stitching so gave that idea up quickly.  So, as of right now, I am here:


This is still on the frame as I plan to do a bit of stitching while watching this afternoon/evening's football games. I will continue with this piece as my Smalls SAL piece until finished and then back to The Sampler Life pieces.

I did a bit more on Christmas Presence yesterday. I got tired of the parked threads of page 4 (bottom right) getting in my way, so concentrated on getting as many of them done as I could. I ended up going cross country with them, but the majority of them are finished and out of the way. I then worked on the next column of page 2.  When I put him away last night, he was here:

 
It is fun to see this piece in a photo.  Because I stitch this under a magnifying lamp, I only see scattered stitches and bits of color that really don't make a lot of sense, but when I step away and take a photo, there is a glove or a coat sleeve and all the color bits make sense. Santa will be on the frame soon as I would like to finish the column.
 
 

8 comments:

Michele Stravato said...

Santa is beautiful. Can't wait to see the completed project.

Justine said...

Santa looks great! I think that is part of the fun of stitching large designs - you don't really see it until you step away!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on both pieces Susan. They are lovely.

Happy New Year,
Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You're making steady progress on your 12 Days, I'm on the last one now but it won't be a 2015 finishe, probably the first finish for 2016 instead.
Santa is looking great too. The mixture of parking and cross country seems to be working for you.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PSS 12 Days is looking great. Santa is looking good as well. Enjoy your stitching and football watching today. Happy New Year!

Jan said...

I was thinking the same thing about my HAED the other day. It all does look like a blob until you step back. Santa is looking great. Have a Happy New Year.

Heather said...

Lovely progress :). I think the same thing on paradise. I have to really step back to realize my 50 some odd colors have made waves lol. Happy new year!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on Santa, you should really be able to finish him soon now :)