background

Sunday, December 17, 2017

A finish, two starts and IHSW

After the grocery shopping and housework, I had a very productive

First up, the finish. 


This is Just Nan's Holly Bows.  It's done on 32-count Stone Grey Belfast with DMC and the beads from the bead pack that came with the pattern.  I really do like this fabric color and have a few patterns that would look really nice on it.

After I finished Holly Bows I put Goldie on the frame to put a few stitches in so that I could put it on my WIPocalypse list for next year.  The stitching was so easy that I did a bit more than a few stitches:


Goldie is my in-law's German Shepherd.  I took a puppy photo of her and put in an order with Heaven and Earth Designs for a special order stocking.  If you look really carefully, you can just see an outline of her ear to the right of the large stitched area.  I worked on this Saturday evening and Sunday morning and then put Japanese Zen Garden from Chatelaine on the stand (again to just put a few stitches in).


It was nice stitching a Chatelaine again.  This is stitched on 32-count Sky Blue Jobelan (after looking at the pattern there aren't areas of solid beading so the hand-dyed 32-count should be okay).  I am using Martina's DMC conversion for all the fibers except for a couple she didn't list a conversion for.  There are lots and lots of sparkly stitches that are charted in this bit, but even with all the PTB (Petite Treasure Braid) I have, I didn't have any of the ones called for.  I have an order in for the PTB, the two silks and the bead pack.  Not sure when they'll all show up but will carry on with the DMC I do have and fill in once I get all the goodies.

Goldie and Zen are the two pieces that I will focus on in 2018 as I would really like for them to be Christmas gifts next year - boring blog with just the two pieces - you have been warned.



6 comments:

Justine said...

Holly Bows is really pretty and that fabric does look versatile! Good luck with your two huge projects in 2018!

OhSewCrafty said...

Holly bows is really sweet! Will make a lovely ornie.

Robin in Virginia said...

Good start on both Goldie and Zen, Susan! Congratulations on your Holly Bows finish.

Joysze said...

Oooh, absolutely love the Just Nan!!!! ZEN!!!!!! I have this on my to-do list. Gonna be watching yours and salivating. :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Holly Bows is adorable, love the charm and the tiny date too.

Next year will not be boring with a Chatelaine in the frame! You could post daily progress pictures and I would love them. I'm hoping to focus on Gardens of London too. At least one week every month is my goal.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely finish, and great new starts - now you are all ready for 2018! I hope Goldie will turn out awesome, and I agree with Jo - I can never get enough of looking at these Chatelaines.