background

Monday, April 2, 2018

An eyelet, a dog and a chart

Despite a bit more housework than usual and trying to get settled back into a routine before I head into the office I worked from home today it was a good stitching weekend.

The missing eyelet on Happy Bluebird from Just Nan is now in place, so I have a finish.  I picked Pearl Orchid by Just Nan as my small for April.  I didn't get any stitching time on it, but the threads are pulled and it's ready to start - maybe later this evening.

Lots of progress on Goldie.  On Friday, she was here:


and last night when I put her up for the week, she was here:


I think I finished four colors and yes, if you're looking closely that's blue on her muzzle. There is also some green that will go in later.  I don't know how those colors work, and I have learned not to question them as I'm stitching, but it is always a surprise when you come across something like that.  The lighter brown you see is more a mauve color - again how your eye makes it brown, I don't know, but it does.

I also finished the main stitching on Forever Love:


I've put this up for a while as I am deciding whether to stitch the band with the bride and groom's initials like this:  , or leave the block off and stitch their names and the date just underneath or have their names and date painted on the mat when it's framed.  I'm leaning towards stitching their names, but have until December 2019 to decide. 

Japanese Zen Garden is on the frame for this week. 

5 comments:

Mary said...

You are making great progress on Goldie and it is amazing. Your Forever Love finish is beautiful and I am sure they will love it.

Robin in Virginia said...

Goldie is looking good. Congratulations on getting the wedding sampler main part stitched up. It looks beautiful. Have a productive week with Zen.

Jan said...

Wow. You got a lot done on Goldie. Moving right along.

Leonore Winterer said...

Goldie looks great! You really can't think too much about the single colours used in a HAED.
I would probably not stitch the initials with the block...the design has such a nice 'airy' look as it is and the block just takes away from that.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic work on Goldie. I agree with Leonore - just stitch the initials without the background.