background

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I have not disappeared!!

Hope this finds everyone well and ready for the holiday that you celebrate or just well, if you don't celebrate.  I haven't posted in so long, I am not even going to try to catch everything up.  I haven't done any stitching, but I have finished all my holiday baking, wrapping, crafting and decorating.  I also made an unexpected trip to Michigan this past weekend. 

The short-notice trip was, partially, due to this guy:


Introducing my great-Nephew Jack.  He was born in the wee hours of December 1st (for those interested in the details he was 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 21" long).  Mom, Dad and baby are all doing well. And YES, those cheeks!!



Or as well as you can be with a newborn in the house. :-)

I do hope to get back into stitching now that all of the holiday preparations are done - I HAVE to finish the birth announcement piece and start looking for Christmas stocking patterns so there is some incentive. 

I am trying to put together a stitching/crafting schedule for next year so that I can get back into sending hand-made birthday and anniversary as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas cards.  I am thinking of using one Sunday a month for paper crafting, card making and crochet.  That leaves plenty of time for stitching.  Unfortunately, that is the extent of my planning for next year.  My boss is retiring the end of this month and I will be acting until they find a replacement (or 120 days, whichever comes first) so I am going to need some relaxation at home as I will still be doing my regular job too.  I am trying to look at it positively, but all I'm really seeing is lots of extra stress.

8 comments:

ricketyjo said...

Awwwww! Congrats on the birth of your Great-Nephew! So adorable! It's lovely when they are asleep and peaceful :)

Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy with work and crafting, hopefully the stitch and crafts will give you some downtime from the stress. Enjoy your week!

Rhona said...

Congrats on the birth of your great nephew....he's adorable!
Hope you mange to get your crafting schedule worked out....and can keep to it!Fingers crossed there's not too much stress when your boss leaves.

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to you and your family on Jack's arrival! He is a cutie. I look forward to seeing what you create with your cards and paper crafting, crochet and of course, your stitching. Wishing you a joyous holiday season!

Leonore Winterer said...

Well, I'm glad your absence has some happy reasons :) And hopefully you'll be back to your crafty self very soon!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a wonderful excuse to be away from your blog! Remember, crafting is a great way to de-stress after a long day doing two people's work!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, he's adorable, cheeks and all!
Good idea for your schedule, I hope they don't work you too hard, make time for yourself.

thanida said...

Nice topic to post ,I very much agree with this,especially we should take care of our health.This post will surely help me to take right decision,thanks for the great tips!
vegus168

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.