background

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Camel Time!!


If I'm going to post once in a blue moon, I should post with good news, right?  I have a FINISH!!!  Yes, it's the first one since August of last year. 


DNiece decided that she'd like a pillow rather than a framed piece.  I bought the fabric last weekend and just need to carve out the time to finish it.  Time is going to be an issue for the next few weeks.  I travel to Denver next Sunday to man our booth and speak at the AWWA conference, home for a week and then heading to California to do a week-long training.  I'll be home for about a month before I head out again.  That trip will be to Michigan for the family reunion, so a fun one.

Now that Jack's piece is done, I've started his Christmas stocking.

This is Happy Snowman:


It's needlepoint and goes fairly fast.  I've finished the top band and most of the second.  I'm enjoying it as it doesn't tax my brain. No counting, easy to tell if you have the wrong color and only half a stitch.  It's done with embroidery floss rather than yarn which is different than other needlepoint pieces I've done.

I have also been crocheting baby gifts.  I mentioned in my last post that my sister-in-law is expecting twin boys in August, so I'm making blankets for them.

Here's where I am on the first one:


The yarn is Caron Cotton Cakes Nested Blues.  It's a cotton/acrylic blend, very soft, and a good weight for late summer/early autumn.  The babies will be born and grow-up in the Virginia Beach area and I thought the colors were beachy.  I am about a quarter through the second cake.  I bought three cakes but I think it will be plenty big with just two.  I'm contemplating a corner-to-corner for the second one.  The yarn for that one is the same brand but in the Seaglass colorway - so again beachy.

My acting time at work was up a week Friday.  Unfortunately, they haven't appointed anyone to take it over, so I'm still doing the work without the title or pay - I figured it was going to happen so I wasn't really surprised.  I don't know how long I'll be unofficially acting, but I hope not too long.

Crocheting for a couple of hours and then onto the stocking for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Susan, congratulations on getting Jack's birthday sampler finish! It is darling. I really like the yarn you are using for the crocheted blanket. So pretty! When I see yarns in colors like this, it makes me want to learn to crochet. Enjoy your week!

Leonore Winterer said...

Ooh, congrats on that finish! Your new start is very pretty too. I like those needlepoint stockings...we don't really use stockings around here, but I think I really want to make some anyways.
The blanket is also very pretty. I'm curious to see the seaglass colours!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for little Jack. Nice start on the stocking too.
You need to tell work that you need a stitching sabbatical!

Astrids dragon said...

What a fantastic finish, so adorable!
Happy Snowman looks like it's going to be a fun piece.
Twins boys, such fun! The first blanket looks great.