background

Monday, February 10, 2020

Finishing, stitching and crafting

Whew, it was a busy crafting weekend.  I spent most of Friday (it was my day off) pillowizing Forever and Ever.  I used Peg Baker's YouTube video on sewing a pillow with piping and a zipper again and I'm really pleased with the results.

 Pardon the ironing board cover - it's been crafted on a lot and I really should get a new one.  The border and backing fabric is the same and is really a very deep, rich red.  This picture was taken right after I put the pillow form in so it's a bit wonky.  I've been pushing and pulling to get it to fill the corners so it looks a bit better today.

Saturday I had to do the usual grocery run and finish up the laundry.  For some reason I had the urge to start another project - I really do have to try to tamp that down as I do need to finish some of my WIPs.  So I pulled out Poinsettia Fairy by Reuben McHugh and charted by Charting Creations.  Not much of a start but it was fun.  Here's what it will look like done:

  I really do like his style and use of colors.  And here's where it is after 195 stitches (of 148,903 that's something I'm not sure I like about Pattern Keeper.  It's nice to see how much I did during my stitching session, but not sure I like seeing I'm .03% through).

This is 28-count white Monaco 1 over 1.  I'm trying the stitching on the diagonal that seems to be the rage right now.  It's okay.  I'm not sure I"m any faster stitching this way, but it's kind of fun doing something new and please excuse that cat hair in the middle of the picture - it looks like Salem or Spot's.

Speaking of new:


Grady is just so stinkin' cute.  He (and Mom and Dad) are doing well.  I leave Friday for Michigan and will be meeting him Saturday morning.

Speaking of cute:


You just have to have your Starbucks (or Starbucks cup) when you go grocery shopping.  Not sure if I'll see Jack Friday but sure will at Sunday dinner. 

We found out this week that Jack's going to have a sister come the end of June!  Everyone is so excited and can't wait to meet her.  It's fun to go baby shopping right now as you can buy boy and girl clothes and not moan that all the cute stuff is for the other. :-)

So back to stitching...

I worked on Magic Dreams Saturday evening and again on Sunday.  I didn't do my usual rotation as I really do want to get it finished before Grady is 16 and I'd spent more time than planned on errands and Poinsettia Fairy.  I'm happy to report that the whale is almost done:


I am still contemplating the best way to deal with all the individual white and light blue stitches on the background.  All that's left on the whale is that little bit of the belly and another fin.  After that the moon, background stars and LOTS of backstitching.  I think I'm going to put Grady's name and birth information on the lower right side of the piece just off the flipper.

And I had another finish - not stitching but crochet.  I couldn't find anywhere to get a good picture, but the first Kaleidoscope Shawl is done.  I'll try to get a picture and will post it later.  This one is a Christmas gift for one of the nieces.  I have yarn to do two more - one for the other niece and one for my MIL.

As I mentioned, I'm heading to Michigan for the weekend, and I'm not planning on taking any stitching with me.  I will be taking some yarn as I have to decide on and hopefully start a baby blanket. 


6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your pillow is beautiful, great finishing. Your progress keeper is not very inspiring at 0.03% but it will be very satisfying to see it increase, huge happy dancing after 50%. Havea good time in Michigan, my SIL lives there.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your cushion looks fantastic, I love that dark red.
I keep hearing good things about Pattern Keeper, I am sure once you get to full digits it will be more inspiring!
Adorable baby photos, I hope you have a wonderful time and get lots of baby cuddles.

Julie said...

Enjoy your baby cuddles, cute boys!
A stunning pillow, it turned out beautifully.

Astrids dragon said...

You finished the pillow beautifully, it looks wonderful!
I haven't seen Poinsettia Fairy before, she's going to be beautiful.
Awe, Grady is adorable, you must be so excited to meet him. And Jack's little sister will have plenty of boys to take care of her, lucky her!
Hopefully the birth sampler won't take you too long to finish.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress and finishing! I do love that pillow. And your new start looks awesome as well - I have yet to try stitching on the diagonal.
I agree with Jo - seeing 0.03% is a little disheartening, but once you actually reach 1%, that's a great feeling!

Артур Борис  said...

I’m Артур Борис a resident/citizen of the Republic Of Russian. I’m 52 years of age, an entrepreneur/businessman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business, if not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr Benjamin Lee to get a loan worth $250,000 USD from his company. When i contacted them it took just five working days to get my loan process done and transferred to my account. Even with a bad credit history, they still offer their service to you. They also offer all kinds of loan such as business loans, home loans, personal loans, car loans. I don’t know how to thank them for what they have done for me but God will reward them according to his riches in glory. If you need an urgent financial assistance contact them today via email lfdsloans@outlook.com  WhatsApp information...+1-989-394-3740