background

Friday, December 9, 2022

December 9th - 2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop

 It's December 9th!  

Welcome to my very neglected blog and my entry for the 2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop. The hop is hosted by Jo at Serendipitious Stitching.  You can catch up on the previous days and follow along for the rest of the month here.  While you're there, check out her stitching and finishes.  Jo does beautiful work.

I have had a very slow stitching year and my blogging mojo has not returned but I'm making an attempt by participating in Jo's blog hops - one of them is going to spark the fire.

Fortunately for this entry, my entire stitching year was Christmas themed.

First up is a stocking for my great-niece Ellidae (Elli most days).  



This is Oh Deer! from Satsuma Street.  It's done on 28-count black Jobelan with the called for DMCs. The pom-poms are Ruddie's Nose from Dames of the Needle. The only change I made was to flip the design so the toe faces right instead of left.

Next is my great-nephew Beckett's stocking:


Penguin Joy from Stoney Creek.  This is stitched on 28-count Clear Sky from Stoney Creek with the called for DMCs, Glissen Gloss and beads. I had some finishing issues with this one, but once it's filled with presents, I'm sure they won't be noticed.

And probably my favorite - for my son:

Seven Swans to Rule Them All by ScreamingHeartDesign on Etsy.  It's stitched on 28-count Snow on Blue evenweave from Fabric Flair using DMC Etoile. Mounting piece and cording is from Joann Fabric and the greenery is stuff I've had hanging around for years. Warning - if you are easily offended - just search the pattern title rather than going to the shop site.

Now on to the question of the year - "What's for afters?" I used to make a pecan pie, a pumpkin pie and an apple-cranberry pie (and sometimes a carrot cake with cream cheese-pecan frosting or a cheesecake) but those days are long gone.  I'll get a single serve pecan pie and vanilla ice cream for The Hubs.  For me? I'm not sure. I prefer cherry pie and they can be hard to find in my little corner of Virginia. 

I hope you all have a Happy Christmas or your holiday of choice or just a great day.  Don't forget to follow along at Jo's blog.

16 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What wonderful finishes, Susan! You could drive over to my part of Virginia and get a cherry pie at Yoder's. They have both crumb topped and regular. Happy Friday!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

The Lord of the rings and twelve days of Christmas made me laugh. Nice to hear from you again. I hope your blogging mojo is getting recharged.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
It would be lovely to see more from you but I am glad that you did this post.
I absolutely adore the Lord of the Rings version of 12 Days, so clever!
The various pies sound lovely too.

gracie said...

Fantastic stockings and ornament.

jocondine said...

The stockings are fabulous, penguins look great but the deer is so cute, such a lovely design. Pecan pie must be delicious, I would love to taste it, I tried carrots cakes years ago, the kids loved them, should be on my cooking list again. I hope you'll be on line again soon. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Astrids dragon said...

Fun stitches, the stockings are lovely.
Oooh, apply-cranberry, one of my favourites!
Happy Christmas!

Sheryl said...

Love the stockings, especially the deer one. I´ve never tasted Pecan pie but love apple and cranberry.

Leonore Winterer said...

Hi Susan, so glad to hear from you! Your stockings are wonderful, the Satsuma Street one is on my list too.
Pie for desert sounds wonderful as well!

Denise :) said...

Your stitching is all beautiful ... I particularly love the penguins!! My hubby loves pecan pie, too. :)

Mary's Thread said...

My favorite of your Christmas stitching is that beautiful deer stocking! It is so cheerful! Pie makes excellent dessert! Probably in addition to our cookies we will also enjoy some pecan pie this year. Have a wonderful rest of the season!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching, have a lovely Christmas 🎄

Unknown said...

You have a great articles here, I was once a victim of herpes and diabetes patient until I came across Dr Itua herbal doctor online whom cure me and reverse my diabetes and cure my herpes completely. I ordered Dr Itua herbal medicines online through his web store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ Dr Itua instructed me on how to drink the herbal medicines for two weeks which I did, the herbal medicines works for me very well in a way that it's boost my immune system and I have not experience any outbreak ever since 4 years now I drank Dr Itua herbal medicines. I have recommended 3 of my close friends to this wonderful herbal doctor and they are all cure now, Ellen suffered from breast cancer, Lori suffered from lungs cancer,Jose suffered from Hiv/Aids and Mary suffered from chronic disease they are all well now through the help of Dr Itua herbal medicines. So I'm going to save a lot of soul on here suffering from any kind of incurable disease or have any health challenge to contact Dr Itua on Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he will restore your health and make you a healthy person.

DJ said...

What cute stockings! I'm sure the owners adore them! I think I'm with your husband, I love pecan pie, but only a small portion because they are so sweet. Love the special "12 Days" stitching, what a fun interpretation of the classic! Have a Merry Christmas!

beadgirl said...

Lovely stitching! I've been seeing that Seven Swans design everywhere lately; clearly a sign I must stitch it for myself.

Merry Christmas!

Tiffstitch said...

I love those finishes! I really must do the rings one, so funny. Merry Christmas!

stitchinrose said...

What wonderful stitching. I am so glad you are back blogging