background

Sunday, October 7, 2018

A Fly-By Post

A quick post in between trips.  I was in New Orleans last week at WEFTEC (Water Environment Federation's Technical Exhibition and Conference).  It's basically Disney World for engineers.  I'm not an engineer, but I can stand around in a booth and talk about the funding opportunities we offer.  It was an enjoyable week - the food especially.  I had shrimp every day - twice some days.

This coming Thursday I'm heading to Michigan for a baby shower for DNiece.  Looking forward to seeing DSon and the rest of the family. 

The end of the month, I'm heading to Atlanta to attend and present at AWWA WIC (American Water Works Association - Water Infrastructure Conference). 

In between all of this, I've been doing more paper crafting than stitching - I have almost all the birthday and anniversary cards done for the year and LOTS of ideas for next year.

But, I did do some stitching:


Here's my progress on Savannah Birth Record.  I was planning to stitch this weekend, but things just keep getting in the way.  Fortunately, tomorrow is a holiday - Columbus Day (okay it's a sort of holiday, but I get it off) - so I plan to stitch.  I may get to it tonight, but will see if I can resist the lure of the crochet hook.


5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Good progress on the giraffe! Have a good trip to Michigan for the baby shower!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Giraffe is looking good, enjoy your travels especially the baby shower

Rhona said...

Enjoy the baby shower! The giraffe is looking good....hopefully you'll be able to find some time to stitch more...or crochet!!! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's a lot of traveling for you! Glad to hear you're having fun, but I think you could use a few quiet weeks too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope that you are enjoying your travels!