background

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Long Time Gone

Okay, it's only been a bit more than two weeks, but that's a long time for me. Unfortunately, I don't have masses of photos of progress or finishes to show you (heck I haven't finished anything this year yet!), only this one that shows my lack of progress more than anything.
I did finish the sky and part of the two flanking columns, but that's not great progress for two weeks. What have I been doing with all my "free" time? Reading, lots and lots of reading. No, nothing that's enriching my life or expanding my knowledge, just reading for the fun of it. 

After getting some of the housework done and spending a bit of time on the porch reading, I will limit myself to one hour, I'm going to push myself to stitch. I know I can finish those flanking columns, close in and bead the pyramid unit, start a cat and box and probably start the last border this weekend. I am very concerned that I'm going to run out of one thread. I have two boxes left on either side of the pyramid to stitch and I'm not sure I have enough to do even one. I'm going to try doing the bottom leg in the substitute DMC with the top leg in the called for Gloriana and hope that people's eyes only register the top leg. If that doesn't work, I'll have to order another skein. Sooooo frustrating.

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It is looking good, I used to read all the time but it's easier to look after the boys and stitch than to read! I can stitch and make intelligent conversation about Club Penguin at the same time!!