background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Long weekend update #2

First, thanks to everyone for the kind comments and good wishes. DDad went home yesterday. They did send him home with oxygen and an appointment with a cardiologist, but so much better than what we were looking at earlier in the week. Not what he was planning for this week, but so glad he didn't decide to make the drive here. It's bad enough having things like this happen but I can't imagine how much worse it would feel if you were hundreds of miles away from home.

Again, not as much stitching as I'd hoped, after lunch with the in-laws they came to the house and helped us put in the new storm door (it was my birthday present - yes I really asked for it, if I don't ask for things like this for birthdays or Christmas - one year I asked for new handles for the kitchen cupboards - they'll never get purchased or installed). We hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to spend some time with them.

My before and afters (these should be clickable):

 Finished off the palm border and also filled in some backstitching on a column that I missed earlier (you can't see that). The plan for today is to work on the pyramid. I only need to clean up the breakfast dishes, and throw a load of laundry into the washer and I'll have the day for stitching. I pulled spaghetti sauce out of the freezer, so dinner will be a snap and as I don't have to work tomorrow, I can stay up a little later than usual. Such great plans, hopefully they actually come to something!

1 comment:

Mouse said...

ooo a practical prezzie :) and I can see how much you have done :) enjoy you day off tomorrow too :) love mouse xxx