background

Friday, January 13, 2017

After the Storm

We got the promised snow last weekend.  We ended up with 4" to 5" here at my house and then it got COLD.  When I left my house Monday morning it was 1 F.  Any readers in the colder climes of the world are thinking "yeah so it's winter", for central Virginia that's crazy cold.  To make up for it, yesterday afternoon it was 71 F.  We've moderated into the 50s today but it is much warmer than usual right now.  My heating bill likes it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

I got back into my stitching rhythm last weekend and had quite a bit of progress.

My The Sampler Life SAL piece went from here:

to here:



Santa and the Mouse had some more window added and went from here:


to here:


Still stitching the background on Shakespearean Fantasy


I added another 300 stitches in that column and should get down into the colors soon.

I had a wonderful session with To Have and To Hold and am so close to a finish. 


All that is left is the green backstitched section and the beading.  I should be able to finish it up this weekend.

We are forecast to have freezing rain, sleet and rain late tonight and into tomorrow, so I did the grocery shopping this morning (it's my Friday off) and am all set to stay inside this weekend (even though they're only calling for the sloppy stuff tomorrow morning) and stitch there may be some housework thrown in but it will be as little as possible

9 comments:

Bekah said...

Wow you have gotten a lot of work done the colours in Shakespearean Fantasy really pop against the black background

Kerryp77 said...

You've made some great progress on Santa and the mouse. Love the greens bursting through the black too. The sampler is lovely. Enjoy your stitching weekend

Robin in Virginia said...

Susan, you have made good progress on your projects. We stayed above freezing here so missed out on the forecasted sleet/freezing rain mix and are getting all rain. Hope the sleet/freezing rain missed your area as well. Enjoy your weekend of stitching!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of your lovely projects Susan. I really like the Sampler Life piece.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

When you said 1 F did you mean 1 C? Which is just above freezing? We don't really use F any more unless it goes over 90degrees and then it's "phew what a scorcher!" So I'm not quite sure what the numbers relate to in real terms.

Anyway great progress on your stitching. The tiger looks good. I completely abandoned that SAL, maybe mysteries are not for me!

The wedding Sampler looks beautiful too, so delicate and pretty.

Bea said...

Great progress. I really like the way your projects are coming along.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on to the wedding sampler, and everything else too - that tiger is impressive, he looks so tiny but there's so much work to put into him! I really don't like it if temperatures are going up and down too much, makes me all dizzy...

Pull the other thread said...

Oh a whole weekend to sit and stitch, bliss. Your progress on your stitching is wonderful, everything looks fantastic.

Heather said...

Beautiful progress I hope winter evens out for you soon :)