background

Sunday, January 22, 2017

One Down

One wedding sampler finished, one to go.  After finishing DNephew's wedding sampler I pulled out the fabric and thread and got started on DNiece's.


This is Sentimental Hearts by The Sweetheart Tree.  It's done on 32-count antique white Belfast with DMC floss and perle cotton.  There will also be beads and paillettes to add a bit of sparkle.  I am debating whether to add the happy couple's names or a saying with their names painted on the mat.  I will need to make changes to the pattern either way, but have a bit before I get to the must-make-a-decision part of the piece. 

I am still not in my usual rotation rhythm, but I did get a bit done on Santa and the Mouse.  It was here when you last saw it:


On Friday, I got it to here:

 
 
This morning, The Sampler Life's SAL went from here:
 

to here:


I cannot believe that this small piece is taking me so long to finish.  I'm going to hazard a guess and say I am "just not that into it" so I'm not putting in the effort.  Hopefully now that I have a very good base in, I'll settle in and get this finished.

Not much stitching is going to happen this week.  I'm off to Nashville tomorrow for a training session (I'm giving not taking), so long hours standing, talking and, worst of all, being "on" add up to being too beat by the end of the day to do much more than stare at the hotel walls.  One hint as to how much I am really not looking forward to this trip is that it is now 8:15 PM and I have not started packing.  Oh well, I'm going to finish this post, a chapter in my book and then I'll be upset that I left my favorite and most comfortable black shoes in the office.

8 comments:

Justine said...

The tiger is almost done...keep going! The wedding sampler looks very different to your usual projects but beautiful none the less. Hope you have a good trip.

Kerryp77 said...

The tiger has really come to life now. Love the start of the sweetheart tree design. Lovely work.

Pull the other thread said...

Best of luck with the training session. You've made some lovely progress on your projects. I hope you manage to finish off the tiger.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great start on your wedding sampler - I really like the designs you picked, they are both so delicate and beautiful. Good luck surviving that trip, I'm sure it will be over before you even notice :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Steady progress will get the lion finished. Best wishes as you head off to Nashville for the training. Here's hoping it goes better than you hope.

Bea said...

Good luck with your training week!

The new wedding sampler is gorgeous and delicate. Nice progress on both the ornament and the tiger.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is another beautiful sampler, I shall enjoy following you stitching this one.
Perservere with the tiger! It's starting to come together now.

Heather said...

I hope it went well! Lovely progress :)