background

Friday, January 26, 2018

January Smalls

I am thrilled that I have kept up with my SAL check-ins this year.  Yes, I know it's only January, but given my last week or so, I am all for celebrating anything I can! So today, I am celebrating the January Smalls SAL.

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Heather over at the Stitching Lotus.  This one, like all the others I participate in, is very low stress.  Pop on over to Heather's blog and sign up, you can join in at anytime, stitch a small (you define what's small) and post a picture on the last Friday of the month.  Simple right?  The SAL is designed to encourage us to love those small designs too and for me it's a chance to actually say I've finished something.  For the next few months, I will be working on The Sampler Life's SAL from a few years ago.  I have five or six more blocks from that and then I will start the Joyful World SAL.

This month's finish is Fountains from Lori Laughlin of Rainbow's Daughter


Not my favorite piece because, well, backstitch!  But I do like the color combination.  If I did it again, I would probably use beads instead of French knots in those diamonds.  As I mentioned, I have a few more blocks to stitch; however, only a couple are 50X50 like all the rest, so a bit of fiddling and math to figure out how to make them fit best.

Zen is on the frame for the rest of the weekend and I just got a notice that my order of PTB is on its way so I may actually be able to fill in some of the blank bits soon.

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Susan, way to go on your smalls finish. I like the colors in this block. I look forward to seeing your progress on Zen. Enjoy your weekend!

Elfie said...

Such pretty work. I love the floss colours.

Pamela said...

Nice finish!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, great going to leep up with your plans, I'm sure you'll continue through 2018

Mary said...

I really love the colors and it is such a pretty finish.

Sally said...

Very pretty small finish. Such pretty colours.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a very pretty small finish :) I'm looking forward to your progress on Zen.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Such a sweet block. Beads would look lovely too.

I love ticking off the SALs in my diary each month.